Sunday, August 2, 2009

Ni hao, we have been here about a month and are starting to learn how to put together sentences. We are still eating some weird things. The funny part is that the things that Jesse does not like I can handle pretty well and vice versa. Jesse ate about half a plate of small dried fish, some unidentified raw meat, and all the loa jiao (hot peppers) he can handle. I drank almost two cups of yak butter tea at a meal, most of the fried tofu, and tree fungus. We thank DAD because we have gotten through all of our meals, and we have split the grosses plates between us.
I was sitting with our host family and some of their friends. They were teaching me some vocabulary, and asking me some simple questions. The question about what I believe came up, and I told them I was a C. The conversation continue and I was not able to keep up, but the man who ask me the question seemed to be interested in what talking to DAD was about. I told that when we talk to DAD we are thanking him for the people around us. I hope my language was clear enough for the people to understand. We try to meet almost every day with our language teacher. Last week Jesse and I got to talk to our language tutor about what we believe. He had some misconceptions about what Cs believed that we could clarify it better. After that we watched the Chronicles of Narnia and were able to explain some of the meanings.
The thing that is bothering the most at this point is that for the past two days my bike has been locked up to another bike, so I can’t use it. I have to remind myself that I am hear the represent Father; He might be using the situation for His good. Not having a bike for awhile might lead me to new people that I would not have got to talk to. It is frustrating, but I know that it is Father that is in control and it is His purpose that I’m here. The situation just reminds me that I need to praise DAD for everything not just the good.
One of the greatest things has happened since we have been here is our host family got to hear the entire message. A lot of times our family would call our supervisor for interpretations, and to find out what we were doing. One night they invited him over to eat dinner with us. He brought over a film and a track in the language. They listen to the whole thing, and were able to answer questions about the message. Jesse and I were just excited that Father allowed us to be involved.
Dad is testing us in many different ways. Please keep us in mind when you talk to Dad. We need all the help we can get when it comes to the language, and meet new people that we can make connections with. Will you also talk to DAD about opening more doors with our tutor?
Love your brother
Justin